There will be two winners selected from all eligible entries. The grand prize is a brand new Nintendo Wii! I will personally purchase it from a reputable online retailer so that it will be delivered right to your door. The runner-up will receive a brand new copy of Twilight Princess, for either Wii or Gamecube, winner's choice.
Think you've got what it takes to win? Go ahead, knock my socks off! I'm posting this message on every Zelda forum I can find, in the hopes of generating as much participation as possible. You're encouraged to spread the word as well! The more entries there are, the more great pics everyone will get to enjoy! ^^
The contest details and rules are listed below. Please follow them carefully to ensure that your entry will be eligible. If you have any questions, you're welcome to e-mail me at linkfanart(AT)gmail.com (of course, you'll need to replace the (AT) with the @ symbol) or post them to this blog.
------------------------------[BEGIN CONTEST RULES]
- The picture must include Link from Ocarina of Time (OoT). (Dark Link does not count.) He may be portrayed at any age but must be his natural self (no mask transformations). Alternate clothing is okay. Oh, and just as a reminder, Link is left handed!
- Other characters may be included, but they must be from OoT. It's okay if a character is not well known (such as the lady who cooked for the carpenters in Kakariko), just as long as he or she is actually in the game. No original characters.
- There is no size requirement for the picture, and it does not have to be in color.
- No official art imitations. By this I mean do not take an official picture and merely draw the same thing yourself.
- No porn. No yaoi. No yuri. No gender bending. If you have something risque in mind but are unsure if it would be allowed, feel free to send me a description and/or rough sketch of the image, and I'll let you know. I will make the final determination of an entry's eligibility at my sole discretion.
- Use your best judgement to keep the overall concept in good taste. If you choose to include text in your picture, please refrain from profanity. If in doubt, you're encouraged to ask me.
- Entries from individuals who live outside of the United States are welcome.
- You may enter as many pictures as you like. Each entry must be your own work. What medium you use is up to you, be it pencil and paper, image editing software, or whatever, as long as it can be digitally captured and e-mailed to me. Also, since the whole point of the contest is to encourage the creation of more quality fanart, please do not submit pictures made before December of 2006.
- Send entries to linkfanart(AT)gmail.com (being sure to replace (AT) with @). You may zip multiple pictures into one archive, but do not send as a self-extracting file or anything with an EXE extension. Once I receive an entry I will send you confirmation that it has been entered into the contest. Do not assume it has been entered until you receive this confirmation. If for some reason I determine an entry to be ineligible, I will notify you and state the reason(s) why.
- Include with your artwork its title and your name as you want it displayed should your entry be posted.
- Feel free to also post your entry here or anywhere else you wish; it's all about sharing amazing fanart, after all! Just make sure it gets e-mailed to me (see previous two rules) if you want it to be eligible for the prizes!
- Entries may be submitted anytime from now through March 7, 2007. Plenty of time to cook up something snazzy! Unless I get totally buried in entries or something really weird happens, I should have the winners selected by the following week. (In the event that both winning entries are from the same artist--well...I guess that person gets both prizes!) The top 10 entries will be posted on this blog and the grand prize and runner-up winners will be notified via e-mail. The prizes will be ordered as soon as possible after I receive the necessary details from the winners. (Don't worry, I won't use your e-mail addresses for spam or anything like that; I have better things to do than send people trash. Whatever info you provide to me will be used for the contest and nothing but the contest, and afterward I will delete it from my computer.)
By the way, just to clarify, I am in no way whatsoever affiliated with any of the brands or companies I've mentioned. The contest is being held and funded solely by me--just a simple gamer like yourselves who appreciates great art!
That said, since I am incidentally the sole judge of this contest, it will be in your best interest to appeal to my personal tastes. To give you an idea of what kind of style I like, I've posted a couple of my favorite pictures:
After some searching, I discovered that this Water Temple Link masterpiece was done by someone with the user name paintpixel on Deviant Art. Click here to see her gallery! I have no idea who made the other picture, but if you're responsible for it and you're reading this, allow me this opportunity to say your work is phenomenal!!
Following the contest, this blog will remain available as a showcase for the posted artwork. If this event goes well I may have future contests too!
Whew, okay, I think I've covered just about everything. All that's left is for you to submit your droolworthy pics, and there just may be a free Wii in your future! Again, if you have any questions, I can be reached at linkfanart(AT)gmail.com. Updates to the contest will be posted to the blog, so you're encouraged to check it out from time to time. Without further ado, the contest begins right now! I look forward to receiving your entries! ^^