Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Wii Bit of a Problem

In an official change to the contest details, it looks like I won't be ordering the prizes from Gamestop.com after all. In addition to offering only Wii console and software bundles at this time, the site is requiring that the billing and shipping addresses match. I'm not sure whether this was something that was implemented since I checked the site in December or an oversight on my part, but either way I apologize. I'll just have to take my business elsewhere. The site I do end up using will depend on cost and availability and such; you're welcome to comment on this entry with any suggestions. I'll be sure to pick a reputable company, though, so some shady dude at an unheard of cyber pawn shop doesn't end up with our personal info, lol!

Many thanks go to the individual who kindly brought this matter to my attention!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa. so I take it that the end date of the contest has been pushed back or the winner will have to wait a while longer for his or her prize? eighther way shouldn't be a big problem for us.
I'd like to thank for holding this contest. Before this I was actualy considering giving up on art and stick with writing and my bass playing. Now I got back the will to try and go pro agian. Thanks

GL_Link

Anonymous said...

GL_Link

Good but you aren't pro-level tho

Hylian Reploid said...

There are no plans to push back the contest end date, but if console availability is still at a minimum by then, then yes, there may be a delay in prize receipt. Sorry for any inconvenience! I'll do my best to get one to the winner ASAP.

Wow, my contest really inspired you that much? That's wonderful! I've seen notable improvement in your work in just these few months, so I'd say you've got great potential! Best wishes to you on that! ^^

Anonymous said...

GL_Link, I'm glad you haven't abandoned art. You've got some serious skills. Really, you're great.

About the Wii, ha, I picture a delayed prize and the contestants..."We want the Wii!"

- Dann

Hylian Reploid said...

LOL, I know, I'm doomed!! XD

Anonymous said...

I know I aint pro. I meant trying to go pro

GL_link

Anonymous said...

I'd suggest just sending the prize money to the winner (Paypal would be easiest). That would nix the whole ordering/shipping problem and extra cost altogether. The winner could just go down to their local store and get a Wii themselves.

Hylian Reploid said...

I'd considered doing that and had actually intended to give a Gamestop gift card as the prize, but as it turned out they didn't offer them online. Now that the site is out of the question, I may look into doing something along those lines again.